Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Restaurant Week Comes to L.A. Jan. 27

I think I've died and gone to heaven. I've been to restaurant weeks in New York and Miami, but I've never seen it in L.A. I will be starving myself dutifully over the next week in anticipation of the big event, which goes from Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, and Feb. 3 to Feb. 8.

What is Restaurant Week, you ask? Oh, Angelenos, get yourself some culture. The gist is that high-end restaurants offer a three-course menu (appetizer, entree, dessert) for a set price. L.A. Restaurant Week has its own take on it, offering two price levels for different types of restaurants: $15 (deluxe) or $22 (premier) for lunch; $25 or $34 for dinner. Either way you go, they're all great prices.

See a list of participating restaurants, then book a reservation (quick!) on OpenTable or by calling the restaurant directly.

By the way, my goal is to have a restaurant week meal every day over the course of the event. So pick a date and book me before someone else does! Some must-hits for me? Ruth's Chris, Katsuya, Sushi Roku, the Palm...


Update 3/01/08:

Ruth's Chris - Best deal of the week.
Cobras y Matadors - Well-flavored and great for sharing.
Dakota - Food good but not good enough, disappointing, drafty.
Luna Park - Cute and comfortable-yet-hipster ambiance, with big portions.
Ruth's Chris - So good I went back again.

1 comment:

moneybags said...

sacrebleu...i am intrigued and shall learn more