Friday, February 29, 2008

Just Say No to Cake

But really, how could anyone say no to these eyes?
I somehow found myself in the position of modeling a cake after the still-elusive Wall-E robot from Disney*Pixar's upcoming movie of the same name. As the deadline loomed, I still wasn't sure how I would put together the dirt-covered, rusty creature out of batter and sugar, but where there's a will, there's a ... cake. A 7-inch-high cake.

In the end, my artsy friend Annie helped with the details -- as in, basically, 95 percent of the cake decorating -- and the bane of my existence -- er, cake -- was finished on time. I would not recommend trying this at home. We opted for no appendages because we just didn't want to deal. Hm. Do you see the resemblance?

...What? You don't?

3 comments:

moneybags said...

HA!
That is amazing!!!
its freakin wall-e!
definitely didnt expect to see something like that....
jeez, nicely done!...haha

Anonymous said...

you should get a job with michelle's cakehouse. i'm certain she will hire you in a heartbeat!

Unknown said...

oh your cake turned out amazing!